30th March 2019
The Festival home for 2019 and beyond will be the Crown Plaza Hotel, Binara St, Canberra.
About the CWWF:
The Canberra Women’s Writers Festival will showcase and celebrate Canberra’s and Australia’s best women authors and creatives and give them a venue to have their voices and opinions heard.
- The CWWF aims to give the audience unprecedented access to a wide range of fiction and non-fiction women authors, poets, journalists and creatives in a collaborative and collegiate setting.
- Our Program is arranged to facilitate networking, conversation and open, frank and fruitful exchanges of ideas in safe spaces.
- The Program and Activities are designed to appeal to a wide range of readers, writers and creatives of any and all genders and identities. Everyone is welcome and everyone will be treated with respect and dignity.
- The Room 1 Workshop Stream is for writers, creatives and other parties to examine the process of writing and storytelling. The Room 2 Panels Stream is for fans, writers, readers, librarians, book buyers, publishers and storytellers to hear from and talk to writers, editors and journalists about their writing journeys, and will be moderated QnA sessions.
- There will be a series of book launches over lunch and during drinks sessions, and a chance for meet and greet QnAs in smaller break out rooms.
- There will be a Festival shop on site selling books from the attending authors, as well as a range of Festival merchandise.
For newsletters and updates please join our mailing list.